Sunday, August 19, 2007

Peach


5" x 5" Oil on Panel.

This painting was finished up late last night. (yawn) I picked up the peach at the Whistling Post "farmer's market" in Skykomish yesterday. It was hazardous waste pickup day in Sky and it was Saturday, so the little tavern provided a market at the adjacent vacant lot (er, I mean the small park.) So, after having my used oil collected, I went over to the market. There were several people selling crafts and artwork. Live music was provided by a kid improvising on a tenor sax over his drum machine backing track. The music was actually okay, considering the circumstance. However, the "farmer's market" aspect was a little light. There was only one table with produce. They had little green apples, nectarines, and peaches. I chose apples and a peach at a dollar a pound.

No comments: