Friday, October 12, 2007

Pear Portrait


5" x 7" Oil on panel.
$75 - Shipping to US included.

Here is a nice impressionistic view of a very ripe green pear with some huge red grapes. I really went for complementary colors here and a composition to highlight that contrast and capture some depth with the shadows. The pear is one of those varieties that I probably should know, but don't. It was one of the ones we picked up in Wenatchee last month. The grapes suckered me in by being HUGE. I say "suckered" because when I went to eat them I found out they were "seeded". Argh. The size is not worth the extra work. So, I guess the subject has a theme of more pretty than nice to eat.

I thought I would try a closeup view; what do you think? (Click so see it larger.)

1 comment:

James said...

Update: The pear was not too bad after all. The skin was so wrinkled I peeled it off, but the rest was fine.