Thursday, December 25, 2008

Flocking Trees and Portrait in Progress


Painting progess has slowed some as I have been working on cabinets for the house and doing other chores. Here you can see me flocking our evergreens on Christmas Day! ;^)

I do have a progress photo on a portrait of Dot. I have a portrait to do for the current Different Strokes challenge and I am warming up with one of my wife. She says portraits are scary and she is right when you are the subject! This is definitely in progress; at least one of the eyes needs scraping. We all know that John Singer Sargent said "A portrait is a painting with something wrong with the mouth." This one is not an exception.

Oil in progress 11" x 14"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your wife is a very blessed woman to have such a talented and sensitive husband!