Thursday, October 22, 2009


(Click for a larger view.)

My last painting session started out with a scraping session. Not with a household paint scraper, but with a painting knife. I wasn't happy with the yellow and orange shirts being so much more rough than the rest of the canvas. I wasn't sure about this since I actually prefer an interesting and built up paint layer. Still, here is a view of the scraped part of the painting. If you look closely, you can see the linen weave in spots. Overall, the area still has about the same color, but it is much flatter. I also got to scrape back a couple of faces I was not too happy with. I would be interested in comments on whether I should have scraped this back or should I move ahead with making the rest of the painting thick and built up.

I will come back and repaint there area later. I am also updating the In Progress post below.

No comments: