Thursday, September 28, 2006

September 28, 2006 - Maple Leaf


$35 free shipping.

Our property has some huge Maple trees on it. The leaves are just starting to turn and some early ones are dropping. Last year I was astounded by the size of these leaves. Many are bigger than dinner plates. I was so excited that I brought some in and said to my wife "I wonder what kind of Maple tree has these leaves." Checking the tree field guide at the library resulted in the revelation "Big Leaf Maple." Oh, duh.

Today I moved "en plein air" and painted a still life on the deck. (Outdoor still life, eh?) So, today's painting is an early falling yellow Maple leaf. I made it 8 X 10 to depict it life size. It has crazy green splotches on it. I am looking forward to more fall color around here even though we mostly have evergreens in the immediate area.

8 X 10 Acrylic on Canvas Board

No comments: