Monday, October 30, 2006

Frothing Pitcher


5" X 7" Oil on panel
Sold

When I was younger, I never drank coffee. In fact, into my 20's I knew the number of cups I had drunk in my life. It was only after I got married that I first bought a coffee machine. The occasion was a Twin Peaks watching party where we had to have some good "joe". That started the slippery slide leading to buying the espresso machine after the arrival of Starbucks in Texas. My growing love for coffee almost inevitably led to living in the best place for it here in the Seattle area. Speaking of Twin Peaks, interestingly enough the Salish Lodge at Snoqualmie Falls was the iconic location for the series and it is just a few miles south of here.

Continuing the coffee theme, today's subject is our frothing pitcher. It is a bit scratched from many years of faithful service. It may not go with the espresso pot, but on days that we have the generator running and fire up the pump machine it still gets used. If we were experts, we could use it to produce one of those amazing latte pours.

2 comments:

Peter Yesis said...

You really nailed the metalic look of that pot. I really like the scratches. Great work!

James said...

Well, thank you, Peter. I was happy with how it turned out