Tuesday, December 05, 2006

House in the Woods - December


10" x 8" Oil on Panel

We have now had our first big snow of the year. The snow has stayed around for a couple of weeks now. It is heavy enough that we spent an hour helping the Propane delivery truck turn around after our tank was filled. Ugh. I like the snow up at the ski resort better than at our house. When you have to chain up a four-wheel drive, that is too much snow for me. However, it is "beginning to look a lot like Christmas!"

Today's Painting is our house in the woods. It is really my other big creative project. We are still working on finishing the interior, so we are to the slow part but the craftsmanship is more interesting at this point. The project is now in its forth year and my wife and I have personally worked on everything but the foundation, framing, plumbing, and HVAC. It certainly adds meaning to this painting for me, since building a house is something my father would do, not me! Well, here it is after all, out in the woods with deep snow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!
When we were young, my husband always said we were going to retire in an A frame in the mountains of Colorado. ha! I guess it could happen, but i'm a midwestern girl at heart.

We too love "A Christmas Story." My husband crafted his own "major award" lamp a couple of years ago. We found the leg at a flea market and the rest is history. ;)

James said...

Well, you never know. I never expected to live in the Cascades as a lifelong Dallas resident.