Thursday, December 28, 2006

Martini with Orange Twist


5" x 7" Oil on Gessobord
$75 shipping included.

Even though we are still in family vacation mode, I was able to get a painting in today. My son is visiting so we have a Marine in the house. I don't know if "he drinks like a fish" or he drinks like a Marine, but he talks about drinking more than a fish does. So, Ryan showed his artistic talent by making the orange twist and I made it the star of today's daily painting.

The orange twist is draped in a martini glass fit for an enlisted marine. It is not one of those high class, slender stemmed glasses. It is a working class glass with a chunky stem.

My daughter actually joined me in painting the subject today, but she didn't feel her result was worthy. It takes a while to get to the point where you want to share your work with the world.

No comments: